Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) Accounting
Real Estate Investment Trusts require sophisticated tax and accounting expertise to manage their complex regulatory and audit obligations. Cost-control, managing efficiencies and streamlining operations are important components of a profitable REIT.
Berkowitz Pollack Brant provides these complex entities with insight on variety of REIT-specific tax and accounting rules and regulatory requirements. Our real estate practice has experience with organizations that own and manage office, multifamily, retail, industrial and other real estate investments, including in-house involvement and proficiency in both traditional and mortgage REITs.
Our firm’s practice of assembling teams of experienced individuals who can bring advice and knowledge to clients is especially evident in the REIT practice. These cross-functional teams provide REITs of all sizes with a competitive advantage by combining broad-based industry knowledge and specialized technical expertise.
Our REIT services include:
• Acquisition due diligence
• Audit and attest services
• Cash management strategies
• Corporate taxation
• Cost segregation studies
• Financial reporting and analysis
• Internal audits
• Internal controls
• Lease reviews and REIT income analysis
• Like-kind exchanges
• Partnerships and joint ventures
• Quarterly and annual REIT testing
• Strategic planning and exit strategies
• Tax consulting and compliance
• Transaction structuring
• UPREIT planning
• Valuations and transfer pricing