Hospitality, Travel and Tourism
Berkowitz Pollack Brant has extensive experience in all facets of the hospitality and travel sector, from hotels and resorts to cruise lines. For nearly 35 years our advisors and accountants have brought problem-solving, creative thinking and proven accounting strategies to independent owners, cruise operators, regional chains and supporting businesses in this crucial component of the South Florida economy.
Our multi-disciplinary approach provides clients with the range of services they need as they grow. We find that the hospitality and travel industries often evolve as the economy changes and new opportunities emerge.
Our experience enables clients to quickly analyze proposed transactions, pursue new courses or scale up as opportunities arise. Our extensive international expertise often is a valuable component of our work in this area.
Real estate is a natural component of this sector and our experience is an important asset to clients. We often assist with new development, joint ventures and the myriad of issues property owners face.
Exit strategies, foreign distribution partnerships, personal wealth management, and state and local tax strategies are among the issues we handle on behalf of clients in the US, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and around the world.
Our work in this sector includes:
- Providing consulting and audit services for a marine industry trade association that hosts major consumer events.
- Conducting special audits related to occupancy and on-site food and beverage vendors.
- Providing real estate consulting and tax services to newly formed joint ventures and assisting with pre-acquisition transaction structuring.
- Conducting annual financial statement reviews for hotel chains with locations around the state.
- Delivering tax and audit services for the international owners of hotel properties located in multiple states in the US.
- Conducting sales tax audits and internal control reviews for single and multiple-property entities.
- Conducting compliance reviews of front desk policies and procedures, including check-in and out procedures, reservations, cancellations and night audit procedures and reconciliations.