Audit and Attest Services
Audit services are much more than just a required reporting obligation. Through the evaluation of a company’s accounting controls and business practices, we can often provide recommendations to increase profitability and accomplish objectives.
Our team is adept at assisting global entities with in-bound and outbound transactions, global trade and multi-national subsidiaries.
Our services include:
- Agreed-upon-procedure reports
- Audits and related reports
- Financial statement compilations and reviews
- Forensic accounting procedures
- Fraud audits
- Internal audit assistance engagements
- Internal control reviews
- Process and workflow improvement engagements
- Single audits and Yellow Book engagements
During the evaluation of your internal controls and business practices we often identify actions to help increase your organization’s efficiency and accuracy in processing business transactions. These recommendations often result in the production of more accurate and timely information and management reports.
In addition, we have specialized experience handling due diligence in mergers and acquisitions. Our work in this area includes:
- Analyzing the target’s customer base, marketing and distribution methods.
- Assisting with contract sales price calculations.
- Conducting financial due diligence, including the review and testing of historical account balances and the calculation and preparation of projected account balances.
- Developing an understanding of the target entity’s accounting system, internal controls, policies and procedures and significant accounting policies.
- Evaluating unrecorded commitments and contingencies.
- Reviewing the target’s significant written agreements.
In these engagements, we review federal, state and other tax return filings to identify domestic and foreign tax areas where additional analysis may be required. Additional issues typically include income, property, sales, real estate transfer, telecommunication and unemployment tax implications of the acquisition transactions.
Our audit and tax teams work closely together to create efficiencies for our clients while delivering the highest-quality work.