- Established in 1980, Berkowitz Pollack Brant (BPB) is a certified public accounting firm with offices in Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Boca Raton, West Palm Beach and New York City.
- With more than 210 accountants, tax specialists and consultants, we are one of the largest accounting firms in South Florida and one of the top 100 firms in the United States.
- Our strength is establishing inter-disciplinary teams comprised of CPAs, finance and valuation professionals, senior tax professionals, technical audit specialists, information technology resources, and financial and estate planning experts. These skilled individuals come together under the direction of senior-level partners for each engagement.
- Our firm is led by Chief Executive Officer Joseph L. Saka, CPA/PFS.
Berkowitz Pollack Brant accountants are members of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA). We are registered with the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), a private-sector non-profit corporation created by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, to oversee the auditors of public companies in order to protect the interests of investors.
As a CAQ member, we are subject to Peer Review examination under the auspices of the AICPA. Our most recent review was conducted in November 2014 and we received the highest-possible rating of pass.
We are a member of the AICPA’s Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center. This membership is only open to accounting firms that demonstrate a commitment to quality audits of pension, health and welfare, and 401(k) plans subject to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) under the authority of the U.S. Department of Labor.
The firm is a member of the Center for Audit Quality (CAQ) of the AICPA and the Private Companies Practice Section (PCPS). The CAQ is dedicated to enhancing investor confidence and public trust in the global capital markets by fostering high-quality performance by public company auditors; convening and collaborating with other stakeholders to advance the discussion of critical issues requiring action and intervention; and advocating policies and standards that promote public company auditors’ objectivity, effectiveness and responsiveness to dynamic conditions
Berkowitz Pollack Brant has cultivated a diverse client base that includes companies of all sizes. Our clients range from start-ups to long-standing national and international entities, including real estate developers and owners, not-for-profit organizations, healthcare entities, trusts and partnerships, and closely held businesses in the following industries:
- Real estate development, ownership and management
- International trade
- Professional services firms
- Insurance advisory
- Governmental entities and municipalities
- Banking and financial services
Berkowitz Pollack Brant is a member of PrimeGlobal, a world-wide association of independent accounting firms and business advisors. This affiliation gives us access to highly qualified accountants with precise experience in specific counties, cities and regions around the world. If our clients’ needs ever require knowledge beyond the talents of our in-house staff, we have the ability to immediately draw in experts from almost anywhere.