Our understanding of the unique challenges facing not-for-profit organizations is a distinct advantage. We have developed an understanding of these issues providing audit and attest, tax, business advisory, consulting and business valuation services to many Florida-based not-for-profit entities.
We represent a variety of tax-exempt organizations, private foundations, hospitals and religious organizations. Firm members have significant experience with private and non-profit foundations that hold substantial investment portfolios and endowment funds.
We are adept in identifying audit and tax issues early in the planning process and working closely with clients to ensure investments are properly accounted for and presented in the financial statements. To ensure efficient information sharing, our audit and tax teams coordinate closely with each other and client personnel on the production of audited financial statements and tax returns.
Firm members are actively involved in financial statement audit, review and compilation engagements; tax compliance work; employee benefit plan reviews; and ongoing business and strategic consulting. We have been closely involved in the preparation of financial statements, including the development of footnote disclosures for not-for-profit clients in specific niches. Our clients range from civic organizations, chambers of commerce and hospitals to food banks, medical research facilities and educational facilities.
The approach we take to recruiting and training has allowed us to achieve one of the lowest professional turnover rates in our profession, which results in more consistency on engagements and greater efficiency for our clients. Services for not-for-profit entities include:
- Accounting compliance with federal and state laws, as well as requirements of directors, contributors, members and other stakeholders
- Advice regarding employee benefit programs.
- Assistance in the selection of financial and other software applications, including installation and support
- Audits conducted in accordance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards and Government Auditing Standards
- Consultation regarding selection and application of generally accepted accounting principles
- Corporate and subsidiary structuring
- Ongoing review of unrelated business income tax
- Preparation of federal, state and local tax returns
- Protection of tax-exempt status by verifying proper appropriation of funds
- Recommendations to enhance the efficiency of current accounting systems
- Review of investment policies to ensure compliance with board recommendations
- Single audits and Yellow Book audits